read an interesting article in the Philippine Daily Inquirer Sunday Magazine regarding wealth, and it mentioned the prices of some of the most expensive stuff in the face of this planet. i updated the figures, based on what i have discovered in the internet.
1) $65M: cost of Caye Chapel resort when it was sold in 2007. spectacular and very private, with 8 villas as big as 3,500 sq. ft.
2) $12.5M: cost of Victoria’s Secret Sexy Splendor Fantasy bra, accented with 18k white gold, 2,900 diamonds and 22 ruby gemstones (and then you cover it with your shirt).
3. $667K: price of a Zonda Roadster F C12S 7-3 Clubsport version by Pagani (i would still pick an Aston Martin Vanquish over this anytime).
Maximum Speed: 345 km/h
Acceleration 0-100: 3.6 seconds
by next year, the Zonda R Clubsport will be released, and goodness, it might fetch up to $1.2M!
however, to date, while surfing the net, here’s the most expensive car: Bugatti Veyron – over $1.2M to $1.4M
Maximum Speed: 408 km/h
Acceleration 0-100: 5.5 seconds
(looks like a character straight from the Transformers)
4. $160K: cost of a bottle of 1787 Chateau Lafite, sold in 1985 (previously owned by US president Thomas Jefferson.
($160K — my dad’s stomach’s worth, as soon as he gets his hands on that thing)
5. $90K: cost of a bottle of 1787 (must be the best ever year for wine) Chateau d’Yquem ($15K per glass!!! with that price, you wouldn’t even dare pour it even to a jigger). another bottle was previously sold in 1985 for $56K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. $2.6K: cost per pound of Chocopologie by Knipschildt, the most expensive chocolate (as of 2006). at $240 each, this dark chocolate truffle, with a french black truffle inside, is made of 70% valrhona cacao, which is blended into a creamy ganache with truffle oil. The truffle is hand-rolled with a dark truffle on the inside & then dusted with cocoa powder.
(i would need a bolted ref for storage)
OTHER NET DISCOVERIES:
– $1.2M: cost of the most expensive phone, the Goldvish Le Million De La Nuit, which features more than 100 carats of D/Ecolor and VVS-1 clarity grade diamonds and a guaranteed limited production of just three pieces worldwide.
(ok, hmmm let’s see… a Bugatti Veyron, or this?)
– $140M: cost of the most expensive painting sold, No. 5, 1948 by Jackson Pollock (now, art is great and deserves to be treated as special. but i have yet to figure out… WHY?)
the third most expensive, in my opinion, is worth the price (Adele Bloch-Bauer by Gustav Klimt, sold for $135M)
– $3.3M: cost of a photo by Andreas Gursky. is it just me? because i don’t get it.
– $14M: cost of the most expensive domain sold… sex.com (hahaha!) now used as a directory of porn sites.
– $5.1M: cost of Shakespeare’s First Folio. contains a dozen plays that have never been printed, as well as many that are considered classics today. definitely worth it!
– $6M: cost of The Eagle’s performance of Hotel California at a private party in NYC. hmm, i’m torn with this… not my kind of music, but damn, this is The Eagles!
– $2.7M: cost of a special Strat, the most expensive guitar ever sold. autographed by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Brian May, Jimmy Page, David Gilmour, Jeff Beck, Pete Townsend, Mark Knopfler, Ray Davis, Liam Gallagher, Ronnie Wood, Tony Iommi, Angus & Malcolm Young, Paul McCartney, Sting, Ritchie Blackmore, Def Leppard, and Bryan Adams. NOW I’D GET THAT IF I HAD THE MONEY.
– $1.5M: cost of the most expensive watch, Tour de l’Ile, Vacheron Constantin
(umm i’m allergic to leather straps, so… no)
– $100: cost per bottle of Samuel Adams beer.
(ok, i love beer, but san mig light will do)
– $46K: an 1880 Levi Strauss jeans bought by… Levi’s. it was originally used by one of the workers in the nevada mining area.
(the history of this pair of jeans makes it all worth it!)
– $2.6K: cost of Dogue de Bordeaux, or French Mastiff. cute! add the most expensive diamond encrusted collar by Love Dogs (worth $1.8M) and it now deserves its very own bodyguard.
and lastly, would you believe $5K is the cost of the most expensive…
toilet, the Neorest 600
- Sleek, tankless, one-piece toilet with integrated Washlet seat.
- New Cyclone Flushing system, no waiting for refill, no refill noise.
- Skirted styling with concealed trapway for easy cleaning
- Integrated Washlet features front and rear warm water washing, automatic air dryer and deodorizer.
- SanaGloss: Super smooth, ion barrier glazing cleans your toilet bowl with every flush
- Automatic Operation: Lid opens, closes and toilet flushes when sensor is activated.
- Sleek, tankless, low profile elongated one piece toilet with integrated Washlet.
- Low consumption (6 Lpf/1.6 Gpf) Cyclone flushing action. SanaGloss glazing. 12″ rough-in.
- Tank cover, fittings, mounting covers and Washlet included.
take a crap with utmost luxury.
there are more “most expensive” stuff at Most Expensive.net. have fun gawking at the nice items and laugh at the silly ones found on their lists.